Dear Siddha Yogi,
In celebration of Baba Muktananda’s Lunar Birthday 2020, I am inviting you to submit your photographs of “Baba’s Moon,” which begins as soon as the new moon starts to wax after April 22 and culminates when the moon reaches its fullness on Baba’s Lunar Birthday. Selected images will be shared on the Siddha Yoga path website.
Information about Photographing the Full Moon
- The moon will begin to wax on Thursday, April 23, and will reach its fullness on Thursday, May 7, 2020.
- Research the time of the moonrise and moonset in your location.
- The rising moon will be visible a bit later than the exact time given for the moonrise.
- The moon will set a bit before the exact time given for the moonset.
- Mountains, hills, trees, or tall buildings on the horizon will affect when the moon is visible.
- If possible, include some of the surroundings in your photographs; for example, photograph the moon over water, trees, mountains, buildings, etc. This will give the viewer a sense of where the photograph was taken.
- To photograph the moon, the camera needs to be as still as possible.
- The best option is to use a tripod.
- You can also place the camera on a solid surface such as a rock.
- Another option is to hold the camera steady by placing your elbows on a solid surface.
How to Submit Your Baba’s Moon Photographs
- After photographing the waxing moon, please send the images as soon as possible and no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (USA) on Thursday, May 14, 2020.
- To submit your photos, please click on the link below.
- You are welcome to submit up to three photographs at a time.
- Use a JPEG file format no larger than 2 MB in size for each photo.
With warm regards,
Website Department Head