Share Your Baba’s Moon Photos
in Honor of Baba Muktananda’s Mahasamadhi
On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, the full moon will mark the 36th lunar anniversary of Baba Muktananda’s Mahasamadhi.
In honor of this occasion, Siddha Yogis around the world will take photographs of the waxing moon, leading up to the full moon, for display on the Siddha Yoga path website.
You, along with your family and friends, are warmly invited to take and submit photos of the waxing moon for Baba’s Moon Gallery.
Beginning on Thursday, October 11, selected photographs will be posted on the Siddha Yoga path website. Watching and photographing the waxing moon each night leading up to Baba’s Lunar Mahasamadhi is a sweet reminder of how the light of the Siddha Yoga path illumines our lives.
Information about Photographing the Moon
- The moon will begin to wax on Tuesday, October 9, and will reach its peak on Wednesday, October 24.
- Research the time of the moonrise and moonset in your location. The moon rises in the east and sets in the west.
- If there are mountains, hills, trees, or tall buildings on the horizon, this will affect when the moon is visible:
- The rising moon will be visible a bit later than the exact time given for the moonrise.
- The moon will set a bit before the exact time given for the moonset.
- If possible, include some of the surroundings in your photographs; for example, photograph the moon over water, trees, mountains, buildings, etc. This will give the viewer a sense of where you were when you took the photographs.
- To photograph the moon, the camera needs to be as still as possible.
- The best option is to use a tripod.
- You can also place the camera on a solid surface such as a rock.
- Another option is to hold the camera steady by placing your elbows on a solid surface.
How to Submit Your Baba’s Moon Photographs
to the Siddha Yoga Path Website
- After photographing the moon, please send the images as soon as possible.
- You are welcome to send up to three photographs each submission.
- Please use a JPEG file format no larger than 2MB for each photo.
- To submit your photos, please click on the link below, which will become active on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (USA).
- The submission form will remain available until Tuesday, October 30, at 5:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time (USA).