Dear Siddha Yogis,
October is the month of Baba Muktananda’s Mahasamadhi, the time when Baba’s consciousness left his physical form and merged with the Absolute. In honor of this sacred time, I invite you to submit your photographs of Baba’s Moon, beginning as the new moon starts to wax after October 16 and culminating with the full moon on Baba Muktananda’s Lunar Mahasamadhi, October 31. Selected images will be shared on the Siddha Yoga path website.
Information about Photographing the Moon
- The moon will begin to wax on Saturday, October 17, and will reach its fullness on Saturday, October 31, 2020.
- Research the time of the moonrise and moonset in your location.
- The rising moon will be visible a bit later than the exact time given for the moonrise.
- The moon will set a bit before the exact time given for the moonset.
- Mountains, hills, trees, or tall buildings on the horizon will affect when the moon is visible.
- If possible, include some of the surroundings in your photographs; for example, photograph the moon over water, trees, mountains, buildings, etc. This will give the viewer a sense of where the photograph was taken.
- To photograph the moon, the camera needs to be as still as possible.
- The best option is to use a tripod.
- You can also place the camera on a solid surface such as a rock.
- Another option is to hold the camera steady by placing your elbows on a solid surface.
How to Submit Your Baba’s Moon Photographs
- After photographing the waxing moon, please send the images as soon as possible and no later than 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (USA) on Friday, November 6, 2020.
- To submit your photos, please click on the link below, which will become active on Monday, October 19, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (USA).
- You are welcome to submit up to three photographs at a time.
- Use a JPEG file format no larger than 2 MB in size for each photo.
Website Department Head