Dakshina is a core spiritual practice on the Siddha Yoga path.
Siddha Yogis practice dakshina by offering money or other financial assets to the Guru without expectation of personal gain and without stipulation for their use.
Through the selfless offering of dakshina, Siddha Yogis acknowledge the transformative power of the Guru’s grace and the Siddha Yoga teachings, and strengthen their commitment to the Siddha Yoga path.
The SYDA Foundation is the organization responsible for receiving and administering dakshina. Gurudev Siddha Peeth Trust holds this responsibility in India.
Siddha Yogis practice dakshina by
How to make offerings
- Participating in the Siddha Yoga Monthly Dakshina Practice
- Making dakshina offerings:
- in honor of Siddha Yoga holidays and Siddha Yoga global teaching and learning events
- during darshan in a Siddha Yoga Ashram, meditation center or chanting and meditation group
- on occasions of personal significance