Share Your Gurupurnima Moon Photos
The full moon of the Indian month of Ashadha is known as Gurupurnima—the full moon dedicated to the Guru. This year, Gurupurnima falls on Friday, July 27, 2018.
You are invited to send photos of the waxing moon and/or full moon for the Gurupurnima Moon Gallery from Saturday, July 14 to the Gurupurnima full moon on Friday, July 27. You may also invite your family and friends to send photographs of this magnificent moon.
Selected photographs will be displayed in a special Moon Gallery on the Siddha Yoga path website. In this way, visitors to the Siddha Yoga path website can all see how the moon appears in many different places on our planet as it grows to its fullness on Gurupurnima.
Information about Photographing the Moon
- The moon will begin waxing on Friday, July 13, and will reach its fullness on Friday, July 27.
- Research the time of the moonrise and moonset in your location.
- The moon rises in the east and sets in the west.
- Mountains, hills, trees, and tall buildings on the horizon will affect the moon's visibility:
- The rising moon may be visible a bit later than the exact time given for the moonrise.
- The setting moon may no longer be visible before the exact time given for the moonset.
- If possible, photograph the moon over water, trees, mountains, buildings, etc., in your area. This will give the viewer a sense of where you were when you took the photos.
- To photograph the moon, your camera needs to be as still as possible.
- The best option is to use a tripod.
- You can also place the camera on a flat surface.
- You can also hold the camera steady by placing your elbows on a solid surface.
How to Send Your Gurupurnima Moon Photos to the
Siddha Yoga Path Website
- After taking your photographs, please send the images as soon as possible.
- You may submit up to three photographs with each submission.
- Please use a JPEG file format no larger than 2 MB in size for each photo.
- To submit your photos, please click on the link below, which will become active on Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (USA).
- The submission form will remain available until Friday, August 3, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (USA).