March 1, 2019
As I think about how you may have made love your priority last month, my mind goes to Sweet Surprise 2019, when Gurumayi gave all of us a magnificent coral rose as a gift. I am coming to realize that as we study, practice, assimilate, and implement Gurumayi’s Message for the year, we are making each day, each week, each month of this year like a fragrant rose, and together these roses are forming the most magnificent garland.
On the Siddha Yoga path website, the door is wide open for you to further your understanding and application of Gurumayi’s Message in your lives. During your regular visits to the website this month, you will find
- New stories by Eesha Sardesai, which will give you a lens through which to learn more about Gurumayi’s Message
- An Exposition on Gayatri Mantra, which explains how, by reciting a gayatri mantra, we invoke its deity. So far this year, as a means of studying Gurumayi’s Message, you have been listening to, reciting, and meditating on the gayatri mantras for Lord Krishna and Mahasarasvati.
- Worksheets 6-9 from the Workbook on Gurumayi’s Message
- The Meditation Session for this month, which is titled Take Hold of the Reins of the Mind and which will be available first via live audio stream and then via webcast
- The Multiple Participation Packages for Sweet Surprise 2019. Participating again and again in Sweet Surprise will support you as you refine your approach to working with your own mind, rediscover the incandescence of your own breath, and reinvigorate your sadhana.
This March is a month of celebration on the Siddha Yoga path. First and foremost is Mahashivaratri—the great night of Lord Shiva on March 4. You can learn more about this holiday on the webpages featuring:
- Images of the crescent Mahashivaratri moon from around the world, submitted by you all. This is a beautiful tradition that Gurumayi created in 2015 so that everyone would be able to have darshan of Lord Shiva's moon circling the earth.
- Stories about the significance of Mahashivaratri.
- Scriptural quotations and hymns in homage to Lord Shiva.
Also this month, in celebration of the springtime, people in India will be celebrating Holi, the joyous festival of colors. Holi is a two-day celebration that starts on the full moon of March 20 this year, and comes to an exuberant conclusion the next day.
I’d like to conclude this letter by expressing a wish I have for all of you in this month of March. And that is for you to march forward with the profound silence that comes to mind when you remember Mahashivaratri; to march forward with the playfulness and delight that is evoked by Holi; and to march forward with the sense of limitless possibility that you felt when you first received Gurumayi’s Message for 2019—and which you perceive anew each time you participate in Sweet Surprise.
अगली मुलाक़ात अगले महीने। हृदय को भक्ति से प्रदीप्त रखें।
Keep learning the way of the heart.