- The Sites are hosted on servers located in the United States. When you upload personal data to the Sites, you acknowledge and agree that such personal data will be hosted and processed in the United States for the purposes described below.
Site Usage Information We Track
- When necessary, SYDA may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server and to administer the Sites. SYDA also may track, in aggregate and on an anonymized basis, the browser and device types, geographic location, and behavior of visitors to help SYDA understand its visitors' needs related to our site designs.
- Cookies are small text files that ask information to be put on your computer by websites that you visit.
- Your browser allows you to erase the cookies, block cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Please refer to your browser instructions for further information.
- In some instances, unless the cookies are accepted, parts of SYDA’s website may not function.
- If you allow cookies to be used, SYDA will store the cookie files, which will enable SYDA to measure the use of the pages and features on the Sites.
- Cookies are used to store the IP address of your machine and will not contain any data personal to you.
- SYDA does not make any attempt to find out, by means of the cookies, the personal identities of those visiting the Sites.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects
- Registration is necessary to visit or participate in some areas of the Sites.
- Certain portions of the Sites may condition your access on the provision of personally identifiable information.
- These sections contain forms, which require your name and email address, date of birth, and country of residence and which may request, but not require, other personally identifiable information, including your postal address or phone number.
- Also, the Sites allow you the option of registering to receive emails about new products or other matters of interest regarding the Siddha Yoga Bookstore, Siddha Yoga events, and SYDA.
- By entering your data into these forms, you give SYDA permission to use and store your personal information, to contact you via email, to send email messages to you containing information relating to your interest in SYDA and, as necessary for such purposes, to share your information with third-party service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data in a manner consistent with our policies.
- The SYDA Foundation does not collect any sensitive personal data (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual activity or sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).
- The SYDA Foundation does not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The option to “opt-out” of receiving emails and mailings is available to you at any time that you request it. You can terminate these by sending an email to email@example.com.
- If you have any questions about the privacy of any information submitted to the Sites, please contact SYDA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at SYDA Foundation Attn: Webmaster, P.O. Box 600, South Fallsburg, NY 12779.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects when You Make a Purchase at the Bookstore
- If you make a purchase at the SYDA Bookstore, siddhayogabookstore.org, using the online payment system, SYDA requests you provide certain information that is necessary for SYDA's third-party service providers to charge your credit or debit card and fulfill your order.
- These service providers use an order form that requests certain information about you, such as your email and shipping address, and your credit or debit card information.
- Your credit or debit card information will not be stored by SYDA. However, this information will be stored by the third-party card processing service.
- SYDA may use your email and/or address information to contact you regarding your order.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects when You Offer Dakshina or Register for Siddha Yoga Events
- If you offer dakshina or register for a Siddha Yoga event using the online payment systems, SYDA requests you provide certain information that is necessary for SYDA's third-party service providers to charge your credit or debit card, or charge your bank account.
- The Sites use an online form that requests certain information about you, such as your email and billing addresses, credit or debit card information, or bank account number.
- Your card and bank account information will not be stored by SYDA. However, this information will be stored by the third-party transaction processing service.
- SYDA may use your email and/or address information to contact you.
Security and Privacy
- SYDA retains records of individuals who register for events in its database.
- SYDA uses security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or alteration of the information under our control.
- SYDA takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your data containing personally identifiable information.
Information SYDA Foundation May Share with Others
- SYDA may share your personal information with other Siddha Yoga organizations that are closely affiliated with SYDA and share SYDA’s commitment to protecting that information.
Third-party Service Providers
- The SYDA Foundation may employ contractors or other third parties who provide data processing, IT, and other system administration services to SYDA.
- These contractors or other third parties may have access to your personal information if this access is necessary for them to perform services for SYDA.
- By submitting any information to SYDA, you agree to submit your personal information to SYDA and the third-party service providers who provide services to SYDA.
- SYDA engages service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the privacy of those who use the Sites.
Compliance with the Law
- SYDA reserves the right to disclose your personal information when it believes, in good faith, that the law requires such disclosure, including, for example, complying with a judicial proceeding, court order, or subpoena, or when SYDA believes that public interest mandates such disclosure.
- If SYDA goes through a business transition, such as reorganization, acquisition by another entity, or transfer of all or a substantial portion of our assets, SYDA reserves the right to transfer your personal information to any successor entity in connection with such business transition.
Links to Other Websites
- SYDA is not responsible for the contents, services, privacy policies, or practices of any websites to which SYDA may hyperlink from the Sites.
- SYDA encourages you to be aware of this when you leave the Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Updating Personal Information
- Please keep the SYDA Foundation informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us, so that the personal data the SYDA Foundation holds about you is accurate and current.
- To change, modify, or request deletion of personal information previously provided to the Sites, please refer to the appropriate section in http://www.siddhayoga.org/contact.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to the following actions:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data SYDA holds about you and to check that the data is being lawfully processed.
- Request correction of the personal data that SYDA holds about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected, though SYDA may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask SYDA to delete or remove personal data where there is not a good reason for SYDA to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask SYDA to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where SYDA may have processed your information unlawfully, or where SYDA is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Please note, however, that SYDA may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
A Note to Parents
- The Sites are not aimed at children under age 13 for collection of information online or do not seek to collect information from such children.
- The Sites are intended for use only by persons 18 or older, emancipated minors, minors 13 years of age or older who possess legal parental or guardian consent and are fully able and competent to enter into and be legally bound by these terms, and children under the age of 13 together with their parents.
- No information should be submitted to or posted on the Sites by visitors under 13 years of age.
- If a child under 13 years of age wishes to submit any information, this should be done only by the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian.
Questions or Concerns