- The SYDA Foundation (SYDA) is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our websites, www.siddhayoga.org; siddhayogabookstore.org; and the Siddha Yoga online site (the “sites”).
- By using these websites you consent to have personal data that you provide transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described below.
Site Usage Information We Track
- When necessary, SYDA may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with its server and to administer its sites. SYDA also may track, in aggregate, the browser and device types, geographic location, and behavior of visitors to help SYDA understand its visitors' needs related to our site designs.
- Cookies are small text files that ask information to be put on your computer by websites that you visit.
- Your browser allows you to erase the cookies, block cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Please refer to your browser instructions for further information.
- In some instances, unless the cookies are accepted, parts of SYDA’s website may not function.
- If you allow cookies to be used, SYDA will store the cookie files, which will enable SYDA to measure the use of the pages and features on its websites.
- The cookie is used to store the IP address of your machine and will not contain any data personal to you.
- SYDA does not make any attempt to find out, by means of the cookies, the personal identities of those visiting its websites.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects in Forms
- Registration is necessary to visit or participate in some areas of these websites.
- Certain portions of these sites may condition your access on the provision of personally identifiable information.
- These sections contain forms, which require your name and e-mail address, date of birth, country of residence and which may request, but not require, other personally identifiable information, including your postal address or phone number.
- Also, these sites allow you the option of registering to receive e-mails about new products or other matters of interest regarding the Siddha Yoga Bookstore, Siddha Yoga events, and the SYDA.
- By entering your data into these forms, you give SYDA permission to use and store your personal information, to contact you via e-mail, to send e-mail messages to you containing information relating to your interest in SYDA, and to share your information with third-party service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data in a manner consistent with our policies.
- The option to "opt-out" of receiving e-mails and mailings is available to you at any time that you request it. You can terminate these by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about the privacy of any information submitted to SYDA’s sites, please contact SYDA by e-mail at email@example.com or by postal mail at SYDA Foundation Attn: Webmaster, P.O. Box 600, South Fallsburg, NY 12779.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects when You Make a Purchase at the Bookstore
- If you make a purchase at the SYDA Bookstore, siddhayogabookstore.org, using the online payment system, SYDA requests you provide certain information that is necessary for SYDA's third-party service providers to charge your credit or debit card and fulfill your order.
- These service providers use an order form that requests certain information about you, such as your e-mail and shipping address, and your credit or debit card information.
- Your credit or debit card information will not be stored by SYDA.
- However, this information will be stored by the third-party card processing service.
- SYDA may use your e-mail and/or address information to contact you regarding your order.
Information SYDA Foundation Collects when You Offer Dakshina, or Register for Siddha Yoga Events
- If you offer dakshina or register for a Siddha Yoga event using the online payment systems, SYDA requests you provide certain information that is necessary for SYDA's third-party service providers to charge your credit or debit card, or charge your bank account.
- These sites use an online form that requests certain information about you, such as your e-mail and billing addresses, credit or debit card information, or bank account number.
- Your card and bank account information will not be stored by SYDA.
- However, this information will be stored by the third-party transaction processing service. SYDA may use your e-mail and/or address information to contact you.
Security and Privacy
- SYDA retains records of individuals who register for events in its database.
- SYDA uses security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or alteration of the information under our control.
- SYDA takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your data containing personally identifiable information.
Information SYDA Foundation May Share with Others
- SYDA may share your personal information with other organizations that are closely affiliated with SYDA and share SYDA’s commitment to protecting that information.
Third-party Service Providers
- SYDA may employ contractors or other third parties.
- These contractors or other third parties may have access to your personal information if this access is necessary for them to perform services for SYDA.
- By submitting any information to SYDA, you agree to submit your personal information to SYDA and the third-party service providers who provide services to SYDA.
- SYDA engages service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the privacy of those who use SYDA websites.
Compliance with the Law
- SYDA reserves the right to disclose your personal information when it believes, in good faith, that the law requires such disclosure, including, for example, complying with a judicial proceeding, court order or subpoena, or when SYDA believes that public interest mandates such disclosure.
- If SYDA goes through a business transition, such as reorganization, acquisition by another entity, or transfer of all or a substantial portion of our assets, SYDA reserves the right to transfer your personal information to any successor entity in connection with such business transition.
Links to Other Websites
- SYDA is not responsible for the contents, services, privacy policies, or practices of any websites to which SYDA may hyperlink from its websites.
- SYDA encourages you to be aware of this when you leave SYDA websites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Updating Personal Information
- To change, modify, or request deletion of personal information previously provided to SYDA’s websites, please refer to the appropriate section in http://www.siddhayoga.org/contact.
A Note to Parents
- These websites are not aimed at children under age 13 for collection of information online or do not seek to collect information from such children.
- These websites are intended for use only by persons 18 or older, emancipated minors, minors 13 years of age or older who possess legal parental or guardian consent and are fully able and competent to enter into and be legally bound by these terms and children under the age of 13 together with their parents.
- No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by visitors under 13 years of age.
- If a child under 13 years of age wishes to submit any information, this should be done only by the child’s parent(s) or legal guardian.
- Users will be made aware of these changes by the change of the effective date at the top of this policy.
- If SYDA makes a change that it reasonably believes may materially affect how it collects, discloses, or otherwise shares your personal information, SYDA will post a separate notice to that effect on its home page with a link to the revised policy.
Questions or Concerns