How to Prepare for
Love in Action
A Siddha Yoga Satsang in Honor of St. Valentine’s Day
Live Audio Stream from Shree Muktananda Ashram
Saturday, February 13, 2016
In the days leading up to the Siddha Yoga Online Event, here are some ways to prepare that will support your participation in this event:
Preparing for Online Participation
- In order to participate in an online event you need to sign in on the Siddha Yoga path website.
- A few days before the event, make sure you can successfully sign in with your Siddha Yoga path website username and password.
- Click SIGN IN which can be found in the upper right of every page of the Siddha Yoga path website.
- If you do not have a Siddha Yoga online account, you may create an account here.
- Make sure you have the latest versions of both of the two recommended browsers installed on your device:
- For most mobile devices, the apps of these browsers are readily available.
- Play Store for Android devices
- App Store for Apple devices
- Click on a Commune with Nature video to test if you can successfully launch a webcast with sound.
- If you cannot successfully launch a Commune with Nature video with sound, please contact WebcastServices@syda.org at least two days in advance of the live stream for further support.
- On the day of the live stream, please log into this event fifteen minutes before the live stream begins. If everything is working properly, you will hear music playing. If you are not able to hear music:
Preparing the Space
- If you are participating in the satsang from home, choose and set up a space free from distraction, and where you will be most comfortable singing fully.
- Set up your computer or computer speakers to allow you to hear the audio stream at a good volume.
Preparing the Body
- Practice hatha yoga or other exercise that supports physical strength and flexibility in the days leading up to the satsang, so that you’re able to sit comfortably for an extended period of time.
What to Bring
- The following are items to have with you for the satsang:
- A meditation asana, also available through the Siddha Yoga Bookstore.
- A pillow or cushion to support your sitting posture.
- A glass or bottle of water.
After the Satsang
- After participating in the Live Stream, take a few minutes to reflect on what you have just received.
- You may wish to record your reflections in your personal journal.
- At this time you may also wish to make an offering of dakshina, a monetary offering, as a way to recognize and acknowledge the power of the Siddha Yoga teachings you received in this satsang.
- In the days following the live audio stream, schedule some quiet time for reflection, journaling, and meditation. This will support you to further assimilate what you’ve experienced and learned during the satsang.