A stimulating way for you to further explore Gurumayi’s Message for 2019 is by reflecting on the radiant and ever-revelatory words of wisdom from the scriptures of India. The texts you’ll find here are all intended to help seekers understand the profound and complex nature of the mind. They come from a variety of sources, among them the Vedas, the Upanishads, and Shri Bhagavad Gita.
You can take the pithy statements of the sages to be like potent seeds. As you read with curiosity and a contemplative intent, the knowledge and insights they hold take root and blossom within you, revealing ever–increasing nuances of understanding. In this way, you make the sweet effort to discover and engage with the timeless wisdom of those who bequeathed these texts to succeeding generations of seekers.
The power of these texts comes from the enlightened state of their authors–the sages who had direct knowledge of the Truth. At their deepest level, the words of the sages are capable of kindling within us the awareness of our divinity and the divinity woven through the world we live in. The more we contemplate and assimilate the wisdom that the sages so generously offer us, the more it enters us and profoundly transforms us.
Here are some suggestions as to how to explore these texts:
- Read, re-read, and reflect on a text. Look at it from different perspectives, as if examining a prism. Check the meaning and nuances of the words, including their synonyms. Ask yourself, “What do these meanings tell me about the text?”
- Commit the words to memory and speak them aloud as you take a walk during the day, or as you do dishes at night!
- Envision how you can implement the teachings in your daily life and your sadhana.
- As you explore the statements in this way, different insights will begin to come up. Write these down in your journal and explore the ways they can help you understand and implement Gurumayi’s Message.
- Click on “Share your experience” below, and share with other seekers in the global Siddha Yoga sangham the creative ways in which you study and implement Gurumayi’s Message.