I am delighted to welcome each of you to Explore & Study Gurumayi's Message for 2020!
My name is Vimarsha Campero, and I am a Siddha Yoga meditation teacher who lives in Mexico City. Last year, I oversaw Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message for 2019, and I have the great honor of reprising this role for Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message for 2020. Many of you have shared with me how the pages in Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message are a calm oasis of divine wisdom, a place where you immerse yourself to study and apply Gurumayi’s Message for the year. I have been heartened to hear this, and my experience has been identical!
Gurumayi has given her guidance for what you will find on the pages of Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message for 2020—from the questions in the Workbook to the selection of the stories, abhangas, and bhajans. So as you engage with the various study tools in these pages, understand that in many ways you are receiving Gurumayi’s direct guidance and wisdom.
The Learning Resources
In Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message for 2020, you will find multifaceted study tools that support your study, practice, assimilation, and implementation of Gurumayi’s Message. These include
- Sweet Surprise 2020—This is the satsang, from January 1, 2020, in which Gurumayi gave her Message for the year. It is the central focus of all the other study tools on these pages. You can participate in Sweet Surprise again and again by registering for the multiple participation packages.
- Workbook on Gurumayi’s Message for 2020—This is a dynamic study tool in which Gurumayi gives questions to guide your study and practice of her Message for 2020. Each of Gurumayi’s questions in the Workbook is a lodestar for our sadhana. The activities associated with each one—which involve the modalities of physicalization, illustration, and mind maps—will lead you in a thorough process of self-inquiry.
- Participating in the Workbook also gives you unique access to
- A Dialogue between Guru and Disciples—This is, in written form, the exchange of questions and answers between Gurumayi and satsang participants during Sweet Surprise on January 1, 2020.
- Stories on Gurumayi’s Message—Each story elucidates a teaching or theme related to Gurumayi’s Message. They are told in both written form and through spoken narration and accompanied by illustrations.
- Bhajans and Abhangas—This is a collection of devotional songs, many of which come from Gurumayi’s own music library. The songs were written by the poet-saints of India in both the Hindi language (for bhajans) and the Marathi language (for abhangas). These stirring songs, which are sung by Viju Kulkarni, provide a heart-opening means to explore the themes in Gurumayi’s Message.
As you engage with the multifaceted aspects in Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message 2020, I encourage you to create a natural, disciplined study calendar to support your study. One clear principle that has worked well for me is to follow Gurumayi’s guidance to take “small, specific, and scheduled ” steps toward our chosen sadhana goals. I encourage you to do this as well.
It is my hope—and my strong belief—that as you bring focus and apply self-effort in practicing and studying Gurumayi’s Message for 2020, you will unearth the uplifting wisdom that has always resided inside of you, and you will experience serenity.
Explore & Study Gurumayi’s Message 2020