Wednesday, September 30, 2020
I am very happy to share with you that in each of the upcoming Svādhyāya Study Sessions, you will be reciting selected verses of Shri Guru Gita. In each session, you will be learning and studying a specific facet of svādhyāya and putting this learning into practice during the recitation.
The focus of Study Session III is pronunciation of the Sanskrit syllables in Shri Guru Gita. Pronouncing the syllables with greater precision has many benefits, such as making the mind steady and focused.
The study session will take place on Saturday, October 3, on the Siddha Yoga path website, first as a live video stream and then as a webcast. The details are as follows:
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon Eastern Daylight Time, USA (live video stream)
7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, USA (webcast)
Here is how you can prepare for this study session:
- Read the talk from Study Session II—Establish Your Posture
- Practice the posture instructions given in the talk.
- Use your sadhana journal to reflect on and explore what you’ve learned.
- Prepare a space that is conducive for study.
- Ensure you have everything you need for the study session, such as an asana, a shawl, The Nectar of Chanting, and your sadhana journal.
Stay safe, everyone!
Managing Director for Svādhyāya Study Sessions