Share Your New Year’s Day Pre-Dawn and Sunrise Photographs
On January 1, 2014, photographs of the pre-dawn and sunrise from around the world will be displayed here, on the Siddha Yoga path website, from the first pre-dawn and sunrise of the day in New Zealand, across the globe, to the pre-dawn and sunrise in Hawaii.
You are invited to take photographs of the pre-dawn and sunrise from wherever you are in the world on January 1, and send your photographs to the Siddha Yoga path website—and you may invite your family and friends to submit photographs as well.
Information about Taking Your Pre-Dawn and Sunrise Photographs
- If possible, include your surroundings in your photos, such as trees, mountains, buildings. This will give the viewer a sense of where you are.
- When taking the photos, make sure the camera is as still as possible.
- The best option is to use a tripod.
- You can also place the camera on a flat surface.
- Another option is to place your elbows on a flat surface to steady your hands.
- Reminder: When photographing the pre-dawn and sunrise, please avoid prolonged viewing of the sun through the viewfinder of your camera, particularly when using a telephoto lens.
How to Send Your Photos to the Siddha Yoga Path Website
- You are welcome to share up to 2 photos of the pre-dawn and sunrise.
- Please use a JPEG file format no larger than 2 MB in size for each photo.
- Make sure the photos are taken on January 1, 2014.
- Please submit your photos as soon as possible, and no later than 7:00 a.m. on January 2, 2014,
New York time.
- To submit your photos, click on the link below, which will become available as the sun begins to rise in New Zealand on January 1, 2014 (3:00 p.m. on December 31, 2013, New York time).