Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreats
In the upcoming months, there is an extraordinary opportunity available for Siddha Yoga students to intensify their sadhana. Three Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreats, each one-week long, will be held at Gurudev Siddha Peeth in Ganeshpuri, India.
The Pilgrimage to the Heart retreat daily schedule includes:
- Morning meditation
- Morning swadhyaya - Shri Guru Gita or Vishnu Sahasranam
- Guided study sessions lead by a Siddha Yoga meditation teacher
- Hatha Yoga sessions
- Self guided study sessions and individual Siddha Yoga practice, such as meditation, Kundalini Stavaha recitation, or journaling
- Evening Arati
- Evening swadhyaya or namasankirtana
The Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreat is designed for dedicated, self-motivated Siddha Yoga students who wish to experience and contribute to the powerful ashram environment through their active participation in the retreat's daily schedule. In order to support their full engagement with the practices, participants will observe five days of silence.
An ideal candidate for a Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreat is a Siddha Yogi who has a high level of commitment to sadhana, who enjoys self-directed study and who is inspired to fortify the ashram atmosphere by engaging in a week of disciplined Siddha Yoga practice and study.
If you meet the retreat prerequisites, you are invited to apply to participate in one of the scheduled Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreats.
All applications will be carefully considered, based on the applicants' understanding of the purpose of the Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreat and their aspiration to fulfill this aim.
Upon arrival and for departure, transportation to and from the Mumbai (Bombay) International Airport is provided. The accommodations in Gurudev Siddha Peeth are simple and comfortable.
||Last submission dates
|January 24 – 31, 2018
||English with French translation*
||September 15, 2017
|March 6 – 13, 2018
||November 1, 2017
|April 3 – 10, 2018
||November 30, 2017
|November 18 – 25, 2018
||English with Spanish translation*
||July 15, 2018
|December 11 - 18, 2018
||English with Italian and French translation*
||August 15, 2018
|February 1 - 8, 2019
||English with German and Portuguese translation*
||October 1, 2018
|March 16 - 23, 2019
||November 15, 2018
* Translation may be available if 5 or more approved applicants request it, and is subject to the availability of translators. Please contact your country’s Registration Coordinator for more details.
- Engagement in a minimum of 2 years of Siddha Yoga sadhana**
- Participation in at least 1 Siddha Yoga Shaktipat Intensive
- A regular practice of daily meditation for at least 1 year
- A regular practice of dakshina
- Good health and physical fitness
- Proficiency in the language in which the retreat is offered
**Siddha Yoga students 18-29 years of age need to have engaged in a minimum of 1 year of Siddha Yoga sadhana
To request an application for the Pilgrimage to the Heart Retreat, please send an email or call:
For Siddha Yoga students residing in India:
Phone: 02522-302600, extension 2194
(From Mumbai: 0-2522-302600, extension 2194)
For Siddha Yoga students residing outside of India:
Phone: 91-2522-302600, extension 2195
GURUDEV SIDDHA PEETH and PILGRIMAGE TO THE HEART are registered trademarks of Gurudev Siddha Peeth.®.