The SYDA Foundation is dedicated to protecting and preserving the Siddha Yoga teachings for generations to come. An important aspect of this protection is making sure that the teachings and creative works of the Siddha Yoga Gurus are disseminated as originally intended, in their proper contexts, and not mixed with the contents and concepts of businesses, entertainments (such as movies, novels, or videos), politics, professional endeavors, or other philosophies or paths. In this way the expression of their meaning is most accurately maintained.
The SYDA Foundation preserves the integrity and clarity of the Siddha Yoga teachings through both education and legal protection. Siddha Yoga intellectual property is protected by copyright, trademark, and other associated laws.
Here are guidelines for the use of Siddha Yoga intellectual property:
What to Do:
- Refer others to the Siddha Yoga path in person, in writing, or via the Internet or social media sites, in the following ways:
- Invite them to visit the Siddha Yoga path website at www.siddhayoga.org so that they may:
- learn more about the Siddha Yoga path,
- receive teachings from the Siddha Yoga Guru, and
- be informed about how to participate in Siddha Yoga teaching and learning events.
- Post a link to content on the Siddha Yoga path website on the wall of your social-media personal profile or personal blog (but not on business or professional sites).
- Inform them of Siddha Yoga books, CDs, photographs, and sadhana support tools that are currently available on the Siddha Yoga bookstore website or at Siddha Yoga Ashrams and meditation centers.
- Let friends know about Siddha Yoga teaching and learning events via the Siddha Yoga path website or at a Siddha Yoga Ashram, meditation center, or chanting and meditation group.
- You can ask a question or seek permission to use Siddha Yoga intellectual property through the SYDA Foundation Intellectual Property Coordinator in your area.
What Not to Do:
- Do not post on the Internet or e-mail any SYDA-copyrighted text, photos, music, or audio or visual recordings. This includes posting on YouTube, blogs, or social media sites — for example, on Facebook personal pages or open and closed groups. Do not post or e-mail any of the following:
- Photos or videos of the Siddha Yoga Gurus.
- Siddha Yoga music, videos, artwork (e.g., Gurumayi’s Message Artwork), or any photos or videos taken in any Siddha Yoga Ashram or meditation center.
- Any content from the Siddha Yoga path website.
- Quotations of teachings by Swami Muktananda or Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, or from any copyrighted Siddha Yoga publications.
- Do not use Siddha Yoga intellectual property in any publication without prior written permission from the SYDA Foundation.
Siddha Yoga Intellectual Property
Siddha Yoga intellectual property includes the following:
- The teachings of Swami Muktananda and Gurumayi Chidvilasananda, as contained in books, videos, audio recordings, or on the Siddha Yoga path website.
- Works created by the SYDA Foundation, such as music, photographs, videos, designs, recipes, manuals, guidelines, and electronic recordings.
- SYDA Foundation trademarks, such as the names (Swami) Muktananda, (Swami) Chidvilasananda, Gurumayi, Siddha Yoga, and SYDA Foundation.
Intellectual Property Coordinators
If you have any questions about Siddha Yoga intellectual property, or if you would like to request permission to use SYDA Foundation materials (such as publications, artwork, musical recordings/compositions, photos, videos, and courses), please use the e-mail addresses below to contact the SYDA Foundation Intellectual Property Coordinator in your area: