Submitting Experiences of Siddha Yoga Sadhana
Shakti Punja collects and preserves the stories of Siddha Yogis’ experiences of their Siddha Yoga sadhana. These stories are treasures that contribute significantly to the Siddha Yoga legacy. You are welcome to share stories about any moment or series of moments from your life on the Siddha Yoga path.
Please type your experiences of Siddha Yoga sadhana in a Microsoft Word document utilizing this template and following the tips. Be sure to sign the permission section at the end of the template.
You may submit as many stories as you like, whenever you like. Please submit a separate document for each story.
Tips for Writing Your Experiences:
- Share your experiences of Siddha Yoga sadhana, such as accounts of the following:
- Interactions and teachings received directly from a Siddha Yoga Guru
- Engaging in the Siddha Yoga teachings and practices
- Participating in Siddha Yoga teaching and learning events
- Describe each experience by writing it as a story of what occurred; include the context for each interaction and experience:
- Set the scene; describe what took place prior and led to the experience
- Then write about the experience and the insight you gained
- Your written account can be as long as you like to fully describe your experience.
- Include the following information in your accounts:
- where the experience occurred, e.g., in a Siddha Yoga Ashram or meditation center, during a Teachings Visit, during a walk, etc.)
- First names of people who are included in your account
- Detailed, specific description of your experience
- Insight gained from the experience
- How did this experience affect your life, your sadhana?
- How have you applied what you learned from the experience in various areas of your life?
- Use of the present tense is preferred, but not required. By doing so, this helps the reader to experience the story more directly.
- To write in present tense, write as if the experience is happening right now, as it took place for you in the moment. For example:
- “As I recite Shri Guru Gita with focus on each and every word, my mind becomes still, and I am suffused with peace and sweet contentment.”
- Use the following format for the file name of your story:
- Last Name, First Name – [Story Title], year-month-date