Materials of Archival Interest
Shakti Punja is the area within the SYDA Foundation dedicated to collecting and preserving sacred materials to maintain a comprehensive record of the life and teachings of the lineage of Siddha Yoga Gurus.
You may contribute to the archival history of the Siddha Yoga path by donating items that document the life and teachings of the Siddha Yoga Gurus and the cultural heritage of the Siddha Yoga path.
Please submit a list of the materials you wish to contribute to ShaktiPunja@syda.org before sending any items so that sevites can check if these items meet the criteria for the collections in Shakti Punja. Please include a description of the object, its condition, and how you received it. Someone from the Shakti Punja area will be in touch with you to discuss your proposed donation
Following is a listing of materials that are of archival interest to Shakti Punja.
- Objects that hold historical significance about the Siddha Yoga path
- Examples: objects used, worn, or given by the Siddha Yoga Gurus
Siddha Yoga Bookstore Multimedia Products
- Multimedia products in any format produced and distributed by the SYDA Foundation prior to the year 2000 (videotapes, cassette tapes, DVDs, CDs)
Correspondence from the Guru
- Original handwritten letters written by Gurumayi Chidvilasananda or Baba Muktananda
- Including handwritten and typed letters signed by Malti between 1976 and 1982, before she became Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.
- Correspondence letters from the 1980s through 1998 that contain teachings, guidance, stories, or anecdotes
- Any organizational documents (i.e., nonpersonal records) in your possession that were generated by the SYDA Foundation and are inactive
Media: Film, Video, and Audio
- Original recordings of the Siddha Yoga Gurus not produced by the SYDA Foundation
- Unique source materials are welcomed, including original recordings and duplicates (if duplicates are the only representation of an event).
- Signed photos by a Siddha Yoga Guru (not signature stamp)
- One-of-a-kind photos of events with the Siddha Yoga Gurus that were not produced by the SYDA Foundation
- Original film and prints are preferred.
- Duplicates are welcomed if duplicates are the only representation of an event.
Thank you for considering a contribution to the Shakti Punja archival collection.